Monday 8 October 2012

10 Interesting Things - Research

  1. Small scale miners and large open pit mines both produce gold. My point being that small scale miners are doing the same job but without all of the industrial machinery. This is pretty crazy. 
  2. The amount of waste product that gold produces is so vast it seems ridiculous to me why it is still mined. 
  3. The amount of gold mined each year is mostly for jewelry. (78%)
  4. Everyone knows about fair trade chocolate, coffee and diamonds but gold which is basically the same story (precious metal) has no coverage and people don't seem aware about how gold is mined.
  5. I think it's interesting that large scale mining company's are allowed to destroy the earth for gold. Using harmful and toxic chemicals.
  6. I didn't know their were such things as child miners. This is pretty interesting in a terrible way.
  7. I think its interesting how fascinated people are with gold. I understand why people generally go mushy when it comes to gold as it has an allure. 
  8. I think its mad how people have been fascinated with gold for thousands and years. why is this?
  9. I think its interesting most people would make a decision to boycott gold that hasn't been mined ethically. This is positive and should be exploited. 
  10. I think the history of gold is interesting within finance and the financial sector.

No comments:

Post a Comment