Wednesday 9 May 2012

Its Your Brief - Middle Earth Finished

Here is my attempt at Middle Earth with Frodo's route to Mordor. I havnt marked the routes of the rest of the fellowship because I think from the original route they all took until the fellowship divided makes it easy for someone reading LOTR to find the route. 

Also it gives them something to do. I decided to change the typeface for each area to Linux Libertine Capitals, Blanch wasn't working at didn't fit with the theme. Although I didn't want the typefaces to be too obvious because of the style of the original LOTR I feel it needed a serif typeface somewhere on the map.

I am pleased with the end result and hope Tolkien fanatics like what I've done. I have only read The Hobbit and The Fellowship Of The Ring so I will admit I am not the most informed LOTR fan but if there are any mistakes ill try to correct them. 

My intentions to create a Graphic version have been fulfilled I think although I think it was hard to distinguish this map from the old map because the old map was successful. I have come to this conclusion after trying to me my own map.







No comments:

Post a Comment