Monday 7 May 2012

Its Your Choice - Mountains and Hills.

I started looking at what the scale I could make the mountains and trees. The problem with making them even the slightest bit detailed is at the scale required for Middle Earth they look odd and don't resemble what they originally did when they were 3:1 for example.


It was pretty tedious placing all of the mountains in groups around the map. I placed them from one perspective. As I was placing them I was aware that the map still resembled the original map.












Here you can see how I managed so many layers. By colour coding them and grouping them it allowed me to work with so many. This is the first time I have done something with so many and actually used this technique. I think I will do the same in the future as it made it a lot easier to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment