Sunday 3 March 2013

Responsive - LA LIBRE

LA LIBRE is a cloud storage site. The brief was posted to Design Crowd and the brief was to create a logo that was minimalistic and stylish. It was fairly open to the designer to create whatever they felt appropriate.

The target audience was people who use cloud storage. They said they were looking to appeal to people aged 20-50. This wasn't really a specific audience which made it harder to interpet what LA LIBRE wanted. So I went with the space, robot idea.

I thought about space travel as the preservation of the human race, kind of deep I know. This idea came from an article I read commented on Stephen Hawkins opinion of how the human race would only survive if they explored space and left earth. I made the connection with the preservation of data and the human race.

Finished logo





The typeface is Futura medium.

I am happy with the final logo and think it could be used across both print and web fulfilling the brief. 



Digital design sheets



I was finding it really difficult to continue with this brief as the work I was producing was making me feel slightly ill. It was not my style and I just couldn't produce what I had in my head. It has made me realise I need to practice my illustration a lot more. I was good to produce so many illustrations and then a few days later look over the work and pick the a favourite. The time lapse gave me time to clear my head and detach from the brief slightly.  




This is when I got to the current final logo. I  basically simplified one concept I liked which was the A symbolising a rocket taking off. It was just a case of simplifying.




Design sheets


Robot and rocket ideas.





One concept I had was a robot USB drive. 







No comments:

Post a Comment