Tuesday 6 March 2012

What is a line?

I am creating a set of post cards or posters. I intent to explore films stills and experiment with frame and format categorising the films by iconic facial hair and hair styles.

My audience could be anyone interested in films or film merchandise. Any one interested in playing films at a films festival for example or even hairdresser, barbers who might have the set as decoration within a salon.

The audience needs to understand what film still is framed and also get a feel of what the genre, culture and history is behind the framed film stills.

The audience may already be aware of the film from the still or they might be inspired to watch the film. The idea being that the chosen film still is a set of generally enjoyed films from my personal taste and from a shared taste of films from which I have collected. Hopefully people will have seen a couple of films I am going to frame and feel I have portrait them with relevance and understanding.

I need to make a definitive list of what films will be featured and also find an appropriate stock. I need to analyze all the results I get from my questionnaire which you can view below.

After I have chose my list of films I need to collect the film still. I think I will watch the films and print screen scenes I think might work well. From there I will sort through the stills selecting the best com-positionally.


I designed a survey in which anyone can fill out and tell me their favorite films, memorable hair styles and facial hair. I posted it on Facebook, hopefully people will fill it in its only three questions. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCY2D9X



No comments:

Post a Comment