Saturday 11 May 2013

What is good? - 3D Film Development of concept

Major Changes

Crit


I went into the first crit with 3 weak concepts and if I admit I was a little confused what a concept actually was. After the first concept workshop my group came up with the real ale bar which was successful  I think the success of this concept made my What is good? ideas seem even weaker. The crit group identified that my main problem was that I hadn't narrowed my heading down. Perception was too broad and meant that I was giving myself more work then necessary.


Lorraine said that I needed to focus and pick something I wanted to fully explore. I was really conscious that I was running out of time and hadn't made a start to designing.

I continued to try and find something within perception but was having no luck. If I am honest I kind of gave up caring abut What is good? until I spoke to Lorraine again. From speaking to lorraine I had the idea of working within 3D film. It felt like a fresh subject and allowed me to work through my mental block pretty much.


3D content research and content genoration. 






What did I decide to do?
I am creating the branding for an exhibition – Called Anapol
My original heading was Perception.

What’s the exhibition about?
It is an insight into stereoscopic film (3d film), looking at five films from the ‘Golden Age’ of stereoscopic film 1950 – 1955).

The Exhibition will cover the equipment used at the time and also the key figures that helped make 1950-1955 the ‘Golden Age’ of cinema.

Why is the Exhibition called Anapol?
It is a combination between Anaglyph and Polarised – two techniques of 3D film utilise from 1950-1955.

Where?
The exhibition will be held in Leeds Art Gallery

Audience?
Employed
Educated
English Speaking
Able and Non able-bodied
Men and Women
Individual adults and groups
Aged 25-34

Deliverables?
Signage and Way finding for the gallery
Tickets
Promotional Posters
Exhibition guide
Leeds Art Gallery front of house poster
Canvas bag



Final Crit



I went into the final crit with my exhibition poster:

Although the I didn't have a huge body of work to show everyone it was agreed that it was a big step from the last crit. I have found a specific topic and also started to design a brand with a colour scheme and logo. From ehre I can begin to design the rest of the deliverables. 

Also some little design tweaks were needed on this poster, for example aligning body copy and also grammar. Everyone also liked the format of the poster and my new concept which was the main positive. Seeing as I had been struggling to find a strong concept I now feel like I have found one and can fully focus on designing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment