Friday 17 May 2013

What is good? - Anapol Exhibition guide

My idea for the exhibition guide was a guide that incorporates stereoscopic glasses into the guide. The user will be able to view the exhibition way finding and promotional products in 3D. I think this adds an element of fun and interaction that some exhibitions and galleries lack.




 






I made some mock ups to see how the format would work with the lens holes cut out. I found that the holes in the centre of the guide meant that the book lost its rigidity. I also began mocking the pages on this book and found it hard to work the layout to the page.




I still made a page plan of titles and started to work with the content. 



Development

Inside pages




I decided the lens cutouts at the centre didn't work for the reasons mentioned above. I made a new mock up and tried them at the top of the guide. This meant that the spine wasn't effected and the book wasn't floppy. 

Contents
 Introduction
The left hand page of the spread has been left blank because I want to add a picture of the exhibition posters mocked up in the city centre somewhere. This will show the exhibition in context. 


Here you can see me making small changes to the layout to eventually I found something I felt looked right. This page introduces the audience the event and where they can see it again.



 Early 3D efforts

This is basically an introduction into 3D film that starts with The Power Of Love 1922. It explains the films history and explains that it was the first commercially released 3D film.

 Techniques

This page explains the differences between anaglyph and polarized film.

 3D catches on

This page talks about Bwana Devil and how 3D starts to catch on.

The Golden Age

Many view the Golden Age of 3D film at 1950-1955. Explains the boom from the postwar economy and starts to talk about the influence 3D comics had.

House of Wax/ Vincent Price

First 3D film in stereoscopic sound, Vincent Price and The Mad Magician.

Creature from the black Lagoon


Dial M for Murder

Alfred hitchcock



Mock ups

I printed mock ups to check that things like Halftone images look right. Some images were quite noisy because the settings were set too high to print. Other images were blurry because the resolution was too low.


I realised making mocks is so important when working within print. Its a lot easier to check design decision and scaling when you have the product printed in your hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment