Tuesday 24 April 2012

Self Evaluation

What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them? 

The main skills I have developed is my silk screen technique. I have learned a range of processes from how to manage my time when silk screening, to actually using a squeegee and pulling across a silk screen. I know now how to prep a screen and how long this takes. At first I misjudged the amount of time it takes to clean and strip the screens which messed up my time management. 

I didn't realise so much could go wrong. It took me three attempts to just strip a set of six screens. The first time I misjudged the size because I didn't realise you had to use a one size up screen to allow snap on the screen in order to use the screen beds. The second time I put the light sensitive emulsion on too thick; when I came to expose my images the halftone was too fine and it didn't stick to the silk screen.

I'm really happy with my what is a line screen prints. From testing the capability's of halftone on screen and then with the massive effort of preparing my screens three times I can honestly say it was worth it. I have set up a print shop online and have sold one print so far! I will be doing more screen printing in the future. I have also fulfilled one of my personal goal to get in the screen printing facility's and produce some work.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these

I think I did a lot of experimenting with the 'What is a line?' brief and this paid off for me. 


Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these? 

I will document the work at the time it is set. I find it difficult to go back and re visit the work once it has kind of gone by. This is why it needs to be done at the time.  

I will take more picture when documenting my work. I feel I havnt fully shown what I have done because there are no images as evidence.

More research. Especially primary research and less dependence on the internet for all of my research.


I still need to produce more design sheets. I find it laborious doing them and I don't produce enough.

I will be more prepared and not leave work to the last minute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment