Tuesday 17 April 2012

What is a line?// Individual Finals

I'm really happy with the result of these posters. I put a lot into this project and it paid off. I feel familiar with the silk screen technique from doing this brief. I understand how long it can take to actually get to the printing stage. 

I have also wanted to screen print for a while and finally I have. I will definitely be doing more silk screen in the near future. 

I think persistence is the key when silk screening. I actually printed all of these posters in one day and its really tiring physically if you are doing a high volume of prints. I decided to do more prints then necessary for hand in because id like to be able to sell some. I will be setting up a print shop soon.

American Psycho
Black on Vermillion stock

Antique white
  
Gradient on antique white 



Blade Runner
  

 
 Grey stone stock

  
Gradient on antique white

Road To Perdition
Pearl grey
  
Vermillion stock
  

Oldboy
  
I think this is my favorite print. Gradient on antique white looks good. Shame I only printed a couple.
  
Gradient on Grey stone stock
  



There Will Be Blood
Sandstone stock 


  
black on Burgundy
  
Gradient on cartridge paper
 



No comments:

Post a Comment