Monday 16 April 2012

What is a line?// Screen printing

 I managed to get in really early after prepping my screens a ridiculous amount of times. Prepping the screen included stripping all the masking tape off the screen frames, rubbing the chemical solution on which removes the UV sensitive emulsion, re applied the emulsion and then exposed the image.

 I had to do this process twice because the first time the size of the screen was not sufficient for the size I wanted and there wasn't enough snap to use the screen beds which meant that I would have to align the screen manually every time on normal tables. Not happening. The second time The emulsion was spread on the screen to thick which meant the screen didn't hold the detail of the image.

 

Here you can see me screen printing and also experimenting with gradient colour. To create gradient you generally have to go from the side horizontally across your image. This create the gradient effect. I did a few test prints first which made the gradient colour more subtle.


It looks pretty cool when the colours mix into each other.


Really happy with the finals. Turned out better then I thought they were going to.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment