Wednesday 28 November 2012

Bacardi Brief - Ideas

I have decided my starting point and theme is Brazil and the Brazilian carnival. 

My reasoning for this is because Bacardi moved their distillery from Cuba to Brazil in 1961 and began their production again. This was the rebirth of Bacardi.

Another reason I choose the topic Brazil is  because the next world cup is in Brazil. There are possibilities for other media streams also. Football is popular with the 18-24 demographic and men in general. 

I also had the idea of incorporating the bat logo into the carnival floats and decorations. I can see the Bacardi logo being worn as a mask or costume. 

I will be using the female form as the product selling point to enhance the brands visual image to the target audience and to create sex appeal without disregarding the female audience completely. 




"All were considered equal during carnival. here, in the town square, a special form of free and familiar contact reigned among people who were usually divided by the barriers of caste, property, profession, and age"

"'carnival laughter is the laughter of all the people'"

 Mikhail Bakhtin 1968




No comments:

Post a Comment