Wednesday 7 November 2012

Print Infopack Crit

5 questions I asked my critters:
  1. Do you think the print booklets should work as a set?
  2. How many different typefaces should I use?
  3. Should I include some kind of packaging to hold my print booklets?
  4. Would you include a glossary?
  5. Can you recommend any decent stock suppliers who will give me free samples?
Response I got from the feedback:
I should definitely make them work as a set of three that work together. This confirms what I was thinking which makes me happy and I will continue to design as a set.

I got that using my own work in the publication was good as it makes it personal and demonstrates the technique (screen print)

Everyone agreed I should only use two typefaces at the most which I have done so this is good. I will continue to design using two.

People said I need to keep and eye on the layout, although they liked where it was going they said I should be careful and not allow it to get too confusing. The purpose of the booklet is to inform, the design should reflect this.

I need to create some kind of packaging that will hold my booklets together, I had considered this but not fully. I need to start researching packaging methods.

They said I should include a glossary and contents page. Will the amount of information it will be useful.

Stock considerations? I have already started asking printers for samples, hopefully this will help me to make decisions on where I am going with the design too.

No comments:

Post a Comment