Thursday 6 December 2012

Ethical Gold - Finished website

Landing page (home page)



About page, thus page has the contact information on too. I am a fan of the less pages the better.



Suppliers page. This page has an interactive google map which I pinned all the certified ethical gold companies in the UK. If the site were to go live I would add more but for the purpose of this brief I only added around eight.



The news page. This page illustrates the scroll function which shows the content going off the page from top to bottom. The content goes under the buttons and over the ethical gold logo.

I am really pleased with what I have achieved in web. This is the first website I have designed and coded. At first I didn't think I was going to be able to translate the design into Dreamweaver and make it functional. I had to compromise on a few things, for instance newsletter page and the interactive draggable contact circle that I wanted to float about every page.

I think visually the website is aesthetically pleasing and fulfils is purpose which was to inform someone looking to buy ethical gold in the UK. I think the user would not have a problem navigating the website and would quickly be able to find a company to buy gold from. I think the idea of having ethical gold companies all in one place online is a good idea too as I found it laborious searching for them myself.


1 comment:

  1. Let's hope the ethical gold market really grows in 2013. Tiffany's and Cartier plan to sell ethical gold products soon as well.

    ReplyDelete