Monday 23 January 2012

Design Principles // Type and Grid 1 + 2

Loud and Quiet

The task was to dissect an article the end result being us creating a new layout. I drew guide lines splitting every single column and row. This was the Loud and Quiet newspaper once the columns and grids had been drawn.



 New Internationalist
I drew the columns and grids for the New Internationalist as well as a back up in case id done the first one wrong. I missed Lorenzo's type and grid lesson so I will need to speak to him. 


 
18 Designs and a digital layout for Lorenzo. 

When I got to the session I spoke with Lorenzo and I we drew a new grid structure on another magazine.  He showed me how to work point size out and cover other techniques which he first demonstrated when I missed the session.


 

Blueprint magazine.




Once we understood about how layouts worked we started drawing our own layouts, here are the 18 I did: 





Final digital version:





No comments:

Post a Comment