Thursday 12 January 2012

Existing Visual Imagery //

I started looking at existing imagery that already exists. I have found a mix of different images that I think show the range of graphics related to cannabis, mostly medical. I have included other sources which are not example of images directly to do with the medical value of cannabis to help show the differences.

Even though I consciously chose images that were less cheesy I still think the images don't necessarily do the subject any good, which would be to promote medical cannabis although they are a lot more credible looking then others.
Most of the images are from international sources which I found on Google.

While looking for imagery I actually found a website which I really liked for the visuals.
This website is about proposition 19 in California, America which is trying to persuade people to vote to legalize cannabis. The main incentive would is for financial gain. California already allows medical patients to be prescribed cannabis.


The graphics appeal to me but I think the style wouldn't be appropriate for me to use as the issue, subject and idea of cannabis in this country being used medicinally isn't main stream, unlike America. I think this is definite progress and I think through design current mainstream ideology can be influenced which is being proved gradually in America in relation to cannabis both medicinally or recreation.
'Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgement and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.'
-John Dewey 



The website was created by http://ishothim.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment