Thursday 17 January 2013

Bacardi Crit

Feedback

The crit was focused around the design boards we produced before hand. I am not very happy with my feedback but the feedback I received was deserved. I didn't prepare my boards well enough to reflect what I have actually done. 

We laid our design boards on the table. We went around in pairs and discussed the work before us. We marked the work to the criteria of the progress crit form.

The points we were marked on were:
  • Clarity of concept
  • Breadth of ideas
  • Appropriateness of response
  • Contextual awareness
  • Analysis/ Understanding of audience
  • Level of innovation/ originality
  • Quality/ clarity of presentation
Areas for Improvement
+
Additional comments

From the boards I presented the following feedback was generally:
  • Make the labels and mock them up for finals, then take photographs of them.
  • Decide a final label
  • Work more on bar design
  • Think about context, advertisements etc
  • Try to links all products under one brand
  • Add information about on the boards
  • Didn't understand the Brazilian theme
  • Women attract more then the diamond theme
So not the greatest feedback ever received. I understand though, from my boards you can't see what I have actually done. I have addressed mosto f the point that were highlighted but this wasn't reflected in what I presented.

I am waiting on George my housemate who does photography to compress my photo we took in a shoot last week. When I get them I will create my final design boards for the D&AD brief.


For the next crit we need to bring everything we have done in relation with this brief. Printed at A2.

No comments:

Post a Comment