Saturday 19 January 2013

Print information pack - Binding

I decided on saddle stitching my print manuals. I had access to fred and a needle and manage to find a tutorial online. I also think that this is the most appropriate binding for my manual. Heres is a walk through of the saddle stitch process.

I measured the manual and divided the book so that I had 5 hole available with one hole sitting in the centre of the book.

I found this surprisingly hard to do. The problem was when I was punching holes, although they were centered and on the spine on the inside, on the outside they were not. My mistake was not punching the hole before I folder the pages! Next time I will punch the hole before I fold the book.







I have no hammer or binding hole puncher so I literally went DIY and used my glass skull bottle to knock holes through the print manual!


Before I made the hole I secured the pages with a bulldog clip. 


























Loop around the thread on top twice to secure the thread and then go back through where you came.


Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment